-
August 18th, 2002, 09:18 PM
#1
EllaNoise
Guest
I have been reading this very strange book "Voice Of The Blood", Its about modern day vampires and touches upon the LA goth scene and then on page 170 they start talking about the movie Foxes, I thought that was cool... But then on page 175, Guess who gets mentioned ... Yes our very own Cherie... Ok its a very brief mention but Hey, I thought it was cool... If yar under 18 don't read this book, its to nasty for ya...
-
August 18th, 2002, 10:21 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Goth darn it! I'm not judgemental by any stretch but man sometimes the parents gotta step in.
-
August 19th, 2002, 01:54 AM
#3
moderator
Hey EllaNoise is it too nasty to quote the Cherie bit here? Maybe you could just paraphrase?
The way I figure a brief mention is better than no mention!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Gus
-
August 19th, 2002, 07:37 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Speaking of Cherie mentions...
The band SLOW MOTORCADE has a nifty little song called "Missing in Action" on their brand new CD which mentions both "The Sisters Currie" and "Neon Angels" in the bridge section.
We just got news of their CD release party, if you're local to L.A. you may enjoy checking them out. Here's the info from them:
It's a Rock 'n' Party and You are Invited!
The Slow Motorcade record release party/show is coming to Club 66/77 at the Big Foot Lodge on Wednesday September 4th 2002
The Big Foot is located at 3172 Los Feliz Blvd., Atwater Village, CA (323) 662-9227
Slow Motorcade performs around 10:00 PM, but get there early to hear the DJ's play the best Rock'n'Roll from the 60's and 70's, Best of all the cover charge is only $3.00!!!
But bring $10.00 extra to buy a copy of the CD. If you do happen to spend all your money on drinks, remember that CD's are still available at Aron's, Rockaway and Amoeba in Los Angeles.
So come out and celebrate the release of
Sex, Drags & Rock'n'Roll the new CD from Slow Motorcade as well as get to see and hear the band live!!!
WWW.SLOWMOTORCADE.COM
-
August 20th, 2002, 04:38 AM
#5
moderator
"Neon angels have to fly high,
the sisters Currie made her try, (you know why),
Like Bettie Page did in early times, she's vanished disappeared but why?"
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
From: Missing In Action
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ August 20, 2002 01:42 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>
-
September 8th, 2002, 01:20 PM
#6
EllaNoise
Guest
Hey Gus, sorry it took so long to reply, but here are your qoutes;
"Lovely and I were watching the very, very, very late movie - Foxes, starring the young Jodie Foster, about a group of rebellious, overmature teenagers in L.A. in 1980. I've seen this on late-night TV about a hundred times I said, sighing as Lovely rubbed cold aloe vera into the bruises on my a**. I love this flick. I would be up all night studying for a final or a paper, and Foxes would always come on."
"I didn't bother to see the end of Foxes, where Cherie Currie gets into the car wreck and dies in the hospital. I already knew how the movie ended. Lovely stayed up, watching the screen with his eyes wide."
Well it was a brief mention, but it just shows how that Cherie has become a part of our pop culture.
-
September 8th, 2002, 06:00 PM
#7
moderator
Right on EllaNoise [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Thanks for that!
[img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
September 9th, 2002, 01:00 AM
#8
Inactive Member
EllaNoise,
I've been lookin' for this book and can't seem to find it.
Is it new and only available at a bookstore or can it be found at a library.
Bri
-
September 9th, 2002, 08:21 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I've been reading "Angry Women In Rock"
It has a nice maybe, 8 page spread on Joan which is Kool.Kool pics also. The book is now out of print, and I was lucky to get a few copies for me and my friends in Rockford, and as always they were happy to get their hands on it. Rock on~
- NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
September 10th, 2002, 01:09 AM
#10
EllaNoise
Guest
The book seems to be pretty recent with a copyright of Feb.'01. The author is Jemiah Jefferson, I believe this is her first novel. I read alot and the local Dollar Genral Store got in several boxes of fairly new titles of some obscure titles for a buck a piece and I bought a bunch, some were really good and then there were a couple that really sucked. I read about 3 paperbacks a week at work during breaks, lunches and when i get lost on the way to the bathroom.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks